PWJ Job Opportunities
PianoWithJonny.com (PWJ) is an online piano education platform designed to help every student reach their full music potential. We provide video courses, sheet music, and live learning events for students who want to play jazz and popular styles of music. We are made up of a small and passionate team of piano enthusiasts.
You will work with founders, Jonny May and Yannick Lambrecht, as well as our community and content manager Katie Rushing.
Job Skills for all positions
- Teachable: be willing and eager to learn new things
- Communicative: ask clarifying questions and communicate challenges
- Problem-Solver: take the initiative to solve problems and come up with creative solutions
Social Media Manager (15 hrs / week)
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Social Media Manager to join our team. As our Social Media Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. Duties include analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build our online community.
Key Tasks include:
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (text, photos, videos, news, etc.) on all social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, Pinterest, Linkedin, Google+)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions, competitions, giveaways, collaborations, etc.
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, & informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
- Create & oversee monthly editorial calendar which includes monthly sales objectives and initiatives
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- Interacting with customers via the company’s social media accounts
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, etc.)
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Social media: The ability to use social media to maintain or build a brand is necessary. This position is expected to regularly post text, video and images that engage the company’s target market and solve customer concerns using social media platforms.
- Communication: Excellent copywriting & communication skills are essential. You must share creative content that aligns with the company’s social media strategy and ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology. You will interact with writers, designers, developers & customers.
- Creativity: Crafting engaging content is an important skill for this job. You must constantly align content with customer trends and market changes to interest and engage people. Familiarity with video editing, graphic design, and web design is a must.
- Technology: In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and tools that analyze social media platforms are a requirement for this position. You must use digital technologies to meet the goals of social media campaigns.
Video Editor (5-10 hrs / week)
We are looking for an experienced and creative Video Editor, who will be responsible for reviewing audio and visual footage and using computer software to organize clips into a cohesive unit. Duties include splitting or combining video clips, adding appropriate sounds or graphics, and watching the finished product to catch mistakes before submitting it for review.
Key Tasks include:
- Cut and assemble recorded footage and audio
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring and faulty footage
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier
- Basic knowledge of piano theory
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Good eye for design
- Creative mind and storytelling skills