PWJ Job Opportunities
PianoWithJonny.com (PWJ) is an online piano education platform designed to help students reach their musical potential. We provide video courses, sheet music, and live learning events for students who want to play jazz and popular styles of music. We are made up of a small and passionate team of piano enthusiasts.
You will work with our teachers and content management team.
- Communicative: ask clarifying questions and communicate in a timely manner.
- Creative: take the initiative to solve problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Meticulous: be attentive to details and quality of work.
- Teachable: be willing to learn new things.
- Musical: be able to read music at an intermediate+ level.
We are looking for a Video Editor who will be responsible for editing video and audio footage using editing software. Duties include splitting or combining video clips, editing sound and graphics, and reviewing the final video for quality assurance testing. Applicant must be able to read musical notation to combine sheet music with video footage where necessary.
Time: ~20 Hours / Week (Potential to Increase)
- Experience with editing software. We use Premier but are open to other industry standard editing tools such as Final Cut Pro / Avid Media Composer.
- Good eye for design and storytelling through video.
Key Tasks include:
- Edit video content including: lesson videos, live event recordings, community events, promotional videos, social media videos, etc.
- Input sheet music, text, graphics, audio, and effects to enhance video presentation.
- Create compelling advertising videos using PWJ content.
- Contribute creative and technical ideas across a broad range of video content.
- Help ensure that the quality of content is cohesive.
- Research and implement editing technology best practices.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in video across different platforms and devices.
Optional Related Skills in Graphic Design:
- Help to create graphic assets for video content such as video thumbnails.
- Design promotional images for social media sharing and web.
- Stays up to date with marketing, graphic, and illustration trends.
- Contribute ideas for branding and marketing on social channels.